Phase I reactivation: June1
WCAC COVID-19 Phase 1 Guidelines: (June 1, 2020)
The West Campus Analytical Core resumes operations starting the week of June 1st. For the safety of everyone who uses the Core, and in accordance with University Policy regarding Phase I reopening, we request that:
· Users to Maintain 6ft Social Distancing while in the Core
· No new users/training during Phase 1
Mass Spectrometry Lab (MIC 109):
o Access via instrument calendar sign up and appointment with email@example.com.
o Users should ensure that the previous user has completed their work
o No more than 6 users total allowed in the MS lab at a time
o Users are encouraged to connect to the instrument workstation remotely for experiment set-up and data analysis.
NMR Lab (MIC109E):
- Use FOM reservation to reserve 400MHz and 600MHz NMR time slots to ensure others are not present at the instrument: (http://fom.yale.edu/fom/adminhome);
- No Data processing at workstation
- Troubleshooting via zoom and social distancing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
FACS Lab (MIC 113H and 113F):
o Access via FOM reservation only (email@example.com)
o Please leave 15-min blocks between reservations.
o Single person in each Flow Cytometry Room at a time
Users are required to clean/decontaminate all surfaces that they have contacted:
This includes tools, keyboards/mice knobs, pipettors, pens, NMR spinners. Please wipe with 70% Ethanol (paper and spray bottle provided) at the end of your usage. Staff will decontaminate common areas.
o Masks to be worn at all times
o Gloves should be worn in accordance to standard University EHS PPE Policy.
o Please wash hands with soap or use hand sanitizers when entering the lab.
o Please do not enter the WCAC if you are exhibiting ill symptoms:
1. Do you have symptoms of: fever (>100.4 °F), chills, cough, loss of sense of smell and/or taste, shortness of breath, sore throat, diarrhea?
2. Have you had household contact in the last 14 days with someone diagnosed with COVID-19?
3. Have you been maintaining the State of Connecticut’s social distancing guidelines outside of work?
If you have questions, please reach out to WCAC Staff.